This is the second successive year that Enyeama has not been shortlisted for the Prix marc-vivien. He was however nominated in 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Another Nigerian representing a Ligue 1 team, Nantes’ Chidozie Awaziem is also not among the 13 players named on the roster.
ADS: Want to BUY or SELL BITCOINS at very GOOD rates? >> >> CLICK HERE to get started!
Awaziem has appeared 19 times in the French topflight and has scored just one goal, while Enyeama has not played in the division since April 2017 in spite of recovering from a knee injury.
Former Marseille defender Taye Taiwo and ex Sochaux striker Brown Ideye finished 5th in the Prix Marc-Vivien Foé in 2009 and 2011, while Enyeama was Africa’s best in the league in 2014.
Here are the List Of the Prix Marc-Vivien Foé Nominees for 2018:
- Keita Baldé Diao (AS Monaco / Senegal)
- Matthieu Dossevi (Metz / Togo)
- Max-Alain Gradel (Toulouse / Ivory Coast)
- Gael Kakuta (Amiens / DR Congo)
- Wahbi Khazri (Rennes / Tunisia)
- Moussa Konaté (Amiens / Senegal)
- Nicolas Pépé (Lille / Ivory Coast)
- Jean Michaël Seri (Nice / Ivory Coast)
- Julio Tavares (Dijon / Cape Verde)
- Karl Toko-Ekambi (Angers / Cameroon)
- Bertrand Traoré (Lyon / Burkina Faso)
- Hamari Traoré (Rennes / Mali)
- Frank Zambo-Anguissa (Marseille / Cameroon)
The Marc-Vivien Foé Award winner will be revealed on Monday, May 14, 2018. The jury is composed of about 100 journalists specialized in French and African football from radio, Tv, print, and internet media.