The 2018 World Cup Opening Ceremony is just hours away. The opening game of the tournament will see hosts Russia clash with Saudi Arabia (both Group A teams) at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow on June 14.
However, before the kickoff, a grand opening ceremony will take center stage and it will feature music legends supported by a colossal background cast of dancers, gymnasts, and trampolinists.
British Rock Music star Robbie Williams will headline the opening ceremony along with Russian soprano Aida Garifullina. The duo is followed by legendary Spanish Tenor and Opera Icon Placido Domingo followed up by his fellow opera singer and Peruvian Tenor, Juan Diego Florez.
The opening ceremony in previous tournaments usually kicked off an hour earlier to game time but this year, the event has been scheduled to start 30 minutes before kickoff.
Two time World Cup Winner, Ronaldo will as well be present for the curtain raiser and said, “The opening match is at all times a very symbolic one – it is that time when you realize that the big moment you, as a player or fan, have been waiting for four years has finally arrived”
However, there has been no sign about the presence of Nicky Jam, Will Smith and Era Istarefi in the opening ceremony. The trio released the official song of the World Cup ‘Live It Up’ that attracted a mixed and divided response from the fans.
VENUE: Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia
GoTv, as well as DSTv, are expected to show the opening ceremony live.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed