Lobi Stars of Makurdi will face an uphill task tonight when they take on Wydad Casablanca of Morocco in their fourth group A match at Complexe Prince Moulay Abdellah stadium in Rabat.
Nigeria’s representatives in the 2019 CAF Champions League will be playing to avoid back to back defeats in the hands of their more illustrious opponents who had beaten them 0-1 on February 2 in Enugu in their first meeting.
Thus, anything short of victory tonight will spell doom for the bottom-placed Lobi Stars who have only three points from three matches played so far.
Wydad who parade a former Super Eagles forward, Michael Babatunde are highly favoured to win tonight’s encounter.
Lobi Stars Manager and former international, Barnabas Imenger said football is not mathematics where one plus one is two.
He said Lobi Stars will take the fight to their opponents for the maximum points.
According to the former BCC Lions and El-Kanemi Warriors striker, Lobi Stars are still eying one of the group tickets and would fight till the final day.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On