The 2019 Women’s World Cup Draw has been concluded and the Super Falcons of Nigeria have been drawn in Group A for the tournament which will take place in France.
The Falcons who only newly emerged champions of Africa for an amazing ninth time were drawn against hosts, France, Norway and Korea Republic.
The Nigerian female team will have to be at their very best to make any form of impact as they have been lined against far highly rated teams.
The French Women team are ranked third in the world while the Korea Republic and Norway are ranked 13th and 14th respectively.
France and Korea will clash in the opening match of the tournament while Nigeria will begin their campaign against Norway.
South Africa, who finished as runners-up behind Nigeria at AWCON 2018, are in tough Group B together with the USA, China and Spain.
Cameroon, the third team representing Africa, are in Group E together with Canada, New Zealand and the Netherlands.
The Super Falcons’ best appearance at the Women’s World Cup was a quarterfinal appearance in 1999 in the United States.
The 2019 Women’s World cup schedule in France is from Friday, 7 June till Sunday, 7, July 2019.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected