AC Milan are reportedly planning a sensational triple raid on Chelsea during the January transfer window, with Cesc Fabregas, Gary Cahill and Andreas Christensen in their sights.
According to some reports in Italy, Milan have been in direct conversation with Chelsea via club director Leonardo, who is keen to make additions to the squad.
Leonardo has been in phone conversations with Chelsea chief Marina Granovskaia, state Football Italia, with Fabregas seen to be the primary target.
The experienced England man looks to be of interest to Milan due to their ongoing injury crisis at the San Siro, with Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura and Mattia Caldara set for long spells out.
As may be the case, however, with the restrictions of Financial Fair Play also having a bearing, Milan could look to loan deals – particularly in the case of Christensen.
In the Denmark defender, Chelsea boasts a talented young asset who is short of game time.
The 22-year-old has already been sent out on loan to Borussia Monchengladbach, and could seek a move to Milan in order to further establish himself.
Chelsea suffered their first defeat of the season on Saturday evening when they were beaten by Tottenham at Wembley.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On