The South Africa Football Association (SAFA) has accepted the Confederation of African Football’s request to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations AFCON.
The Executive Committee of CAF in a meeting in the Ghanaian capital of Accra had stripped off Cameroon’s hosting rights for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations over failure to meet deadlines for the inspections of facilities for the competition.
CAF announced it will be looking for a replacement for Cameroon and also called on prospective nations to put in a request to host the AFCON 2019.
CAF proceeded to hand a request to South Africa who last hosted the continental showpiece and upon deliberations has agreed to replace Cameroon as the host of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
SAFA president Danny Jordaan said that even though they are ready to host the rest of Africa in next year’s flagship football event, the approval and support from the South African government is vital.
The CAF executive said “the country to host the 2019 tournament must offer a plug-and-play option because of the shortness of time. If you look around here they can just bring their computers‚ plug them in and start playing in South Africa.
“That’s why we could host Paraguay here‚ that’s why we could host Nigeria here and that’s why we could host Barcelona.”
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations is billed for 15 June to 13 July.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On