Arsenal will be traveling to Newcastle United on Sunday afternoon in another twisty Premier League fixture. For Alex Iwobi, the trial has only just started, and for now, the adjudicators are very much still out.
Honestly, the Premier League is not the most exciting competition for Arsenal from now until the end of the season.
One player whom we will be watching closely is Alex Iwobi, following his performance against Southampton last weekend, where he played in a role that I believe to be his best and most-suited.
This week, away at Newcastle United, Wenger is likely to set up in the same manner, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leading the line, two wide players, (probably Reiss Nelson and Danny Welbeck again), and the Super Eagle player as the creative pivot at the heart of it all.
While I do not necessarily oppose the loan sentiment, Iwobi will still want to prove that he has the quality to earn more play time next season in the remaining few games.
Once Iwobi has pace around him, which he will have in high quantity with Aubameyang, Nelson Welbeck making runs off him, and space to work in, the twinkling of his feet, the whirring cogs of his mind, and his brilliant short-game distribution all come to the fore.
That is not to say that Iwobi is a dazzling player when put in the right position.
Iwobi will be on trial for his future in these pending games.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed