President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Melvin Pinnick, has declared that Chelsea winger, Victor Moses should not bow out from the Super Eagles unceremoniously, and says the player deserves a testimonial.
According o Footballlive.ng, the NFF president is interested in setting up a meeting with the Super Eagles forward next week to further discuss Moses’ future with the Nigerian team.
Pinnick, though, admitted Moses appears narrow-minded on his retirement from the team, as he says he has been in constant touch with him.
The NFF boss acknowledged that the former England youth international gave his best to the Eagles within his short time with the team, that’s why he has a profound determination to give the winger a befitting send forth if indeed the lad does not want to don the Super Eagles jersey any longer.
“I am talking to Victor Moses because I believe he’s somebody that has paid his dues. He shouldn’t just leave Nigeria unceremoniously and I told him that.
”He has paid his dues. I recall the Nations Cup we won, the game we played against Ethiopia, ten minutes to the end of the game, he scored two penalties and those penalties catapulted us to the quarterfinals.
”Even if he says I am begging him, I don’t mind. It’s not as if there are no players there but we should encourage our players. The others when they say they are retiring, maybe it is out of ego.
“I will be meeting with him in a fortnight and his agent. Even if he wants to go, there must be a ceremony for him to go and that’s the truth,” Pinnick disclosed.
- Undercover Journalist Who Exposed Salisu Yusuf Bribery Scandal Murdered In Ghana
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash