Andres Iniesta Barcelona exit has been confirmed by the player who said he will be leaving Barcelona at the end of the season after spending almost 22 years with the club.
The 33-year-old joined Barcelona as a 12-year-old and has won 31 major trophies during his time with the Catalan giants.
Iniesta held a special press conference on Friday afternoon to announce his departure, although the Spain international refused to name his next club.
“This is my last season at Barcelona. This was a decision which took a lot of thought. Barcelona are the best club in the world and they have given me everything.
“This club deserves the best version of me and in the near future, I will not be able to give that. It is best for me to leave this club feeling important, still winning titles.
“It is very difficult for me to say these words but I am so thankful to everyone at Barca and La Masia who made me who I am. I will always carry Barcelona in my heart. I want to thank everyone who has been with me in the bad times and the good.
“There are things to talk about and to finalize. I always said I would never compete against my club. At the end of the season I will communicate the place I have chosen,” a visibly emotional Iniesta told reporters.
Iniesta has scored twice and provided three assists in 39 appearances for Barcelona this season, and may perhaps add another La Liga title to his trophy collection this weekend.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash