Argentina will reportedly drop striker Sergio Aguero in their last Group D game against Nigeria on Tuesday.
The Manchester City forward was said to be involved in a row with coach Jorge Sampaoli following Argentina’s 3-0 defeat to Croatia and the 1-1 draw with Iceland.
The Mirror reports that Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain will replace Aguero following his involvement in the brawl, while goalkeeper Willy Caballero will also be axed after his blunder allowed Ante Rebic to score in the 3-0 defeat.
Paris Saint-Germain winger Angel Di Maria and Sevilla midfielder Ever Banega are expected to come in for Marcos Acuna and Enzo Perez respectively for Argentina, who must win against Nigeria to progress.
Aguero’s strike against Iceland is the South Americans’ only goal at the World Cup finals so far.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win