Following Lionel Messi’s failure to save Argentina from a devastating 0-3 defeat in their World Cup Group match against Croatia, his wife Antonella Roccuzzo became the subject of trolling on Instagram.
Messi’s wife was unable to be in Russia for the tournament, so she took to Instagram to cheer on her husband ahead of the game, having posted a picture of the couple’s three-month-old son, with the caption, “#VamosPapi” — meaning “#GoDaddy”
After a Croatian midfielder delivered the third goal, handing Argentina a shock 0-3 defeat, it instantly made enraged Argentine fans shift to Antonella’s post, reports Sputnik news agency.
Irritated fans mocked the caption to the picture, with one writing, “Papi is a loser”, while another user wrote that “Papi” would be coming home soon when Argentina get knocked out of the championship.
“I hope you will tell Messi to play a better match against Nigeria,” another fan commented, referring to the forthcoming third and final Group D game in St. Petersburg.
However, many others voiced support for the family with kind words and wishes: “Go, Leo! Do it for your family!”
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed