David Ospina has disclosed that Arsenal players have a surprise planned for departing boss Arsene Wenger in Sunday’s Premier League finale.
Wenger will be bowing out as Arsenal boss following the team’s final game of the season away at Huddersfield Town.
When asked by Sky Sports News if the players have anything planned for Wenger in the dressing room, this is how goalkeeper Ospina replied: “It’s a surprise.
“We are going to see what happens in that regard. The most important thing obviously is to help him sign off with a win at Huddersfield. It would be very memorable to give him that final victory for his last game. We are going to be giving everything on the pitch to make sure that happens and then we’ll see what happens.
“I can only imagine what’s going through his mind because he’s been at this wonderful institution of a club for the past 22 years. It’s a club where he’s given everything in order to ensure Arsenal progress as a football club, therefore, I’m sure there will be a lot of feelings going through his mind for his last game.
“But I just hope we can give him something to shout about for his last game and help him sign off with a win.”
The Frenchman took charge of the Gunners in 1996 and has managed Arsenal to three Premier League titles, seven FA Cups and seven Community Shields.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight