Arsenal are reportedly prepared to listen to offers for Aaron Ramsey in the January transfer window after performing a surprise U-turn in their review of the club’s longest-serving player and withdrawing the new deal they had offered to the 27-year-old.
The Welsh international and Arsenal had been very positive about the hope of finding an agreement all through the summer but, with the club’s wage bill already running at record levels, and new head coach Unai Emery‘s opinion sought, there is no current readiness to pay the sort of salary he would command.
Ramsey at present earns just over £100,000-a-week (€112,000) but may perhaps realistically expect around £200,000-a-week over the next four years given his own status and the salaries that are now being paid elsewhere at Arsenal.
Other leading clubs will be ready to act by the news – Chelsea were earlier interested – and a player who was named in the team of the tournament at Euro 2016 will also catch the attention of Europe.
Ramsey has been with the Gunners for more than a decade and holds the distinction of scoring the winning goal in two FA Cup finals.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected