Arsenal are planning a move for Juventus defender Mehdi Benatia this summer.
New Arsenal boss Unai Emery is working with the head of recruitment Sven Mislintat to bring in a number of new faces following the club’s sixth-place finish in the Premier League and consequent departure of long-serving manager Arsene Wenger.
Defenders are understood to be near the top of the Gunners priority list following the retirement of Per Mertesacker and long-term injury suffered by Laurent Koscielny, the latter of whom is expected to be sidelined until December.
Le10 Sport claims that Mislintat has identified Benatia as a likely target to strengthen those defensive options, with Juventus considering selling the 31-year-old Morocco international.
Juventus are thought to be keen on bringing in younger defenders as long-term replacements for aging trio Benatia, Giorgio Chiellini, and Andrea Barzagli, though they would demand in excess of £20m for the centre-back.
Benatia has spent the last two years with the Italian champions, initially joining on loan before making that deal permanent last summer.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed