As Roma has come out to support Nigeria for the 2018 World Cup in Russia in a series of tweets.
The Italian Serie A side initially posted news of the Super Eagles squad and one of Nigeria president Muhammadu Buhari’s personal assistants thanked Roma.
In response, the club posted: “good luck to the squad at the @FIFAWorldCup in Russia.
“Italy won’t be there, so #ASRoma will be supporting our own players and the #SuperEagles – #ForzaSuperEagles.”
The Italian club have two Nigerians on their books Nura Abdullahi and Umar Sadiq both of whom were omitted from the Super Eagles preliminary World Cup squad.
Abdullahi spent last season on loan at Italian rivals Perugia while Sadiq was at Dutch side NAC Breda.
Egypt may well be disappointed not to get Roma’s support given that the Pharaohs’ key striker Mohamed Salah spent two seasons at the club.
Nigeria are drawn in Group D and will play Argentina, Iceland, and Croatia at the World Cup.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed