Atletico Madrid captain Gabi has left the club to play for Qatari side Al Sadd.
Gabi , who won one La Liga title, two Europa League gongs, one UEFA Super Cup, one Copa del Rey and one Spanish Super Cup with Atleti, has left La Liga on a free transfer following the expiration of his contract.
“This is a difficult and emotional day for me,” Sky Sports News quotes the 34-year-old defender as saying.
“It’s been the hardest moment of my career. This club is a lifestyle for me.”
Gabi finished two spells with Atletico, with a stint at Real Zaragoza sandwiched between them.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win