An ex-Super Eagles goalkeeper, Emmanuel Babayaro has criticised quotes attributed to Gernot Rohr, and goalkeeper Ikechukwu Ezenwa.
The two were quoted to have said they are not scared of Argentina’s Lionel Messi ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Reacting to their statements, Babayaro said the duo should at least show respect to the Barcelona star, rather than play down his importance ahead of their clash at the 2018 World Cup.
Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com: “I read the quotes by Rohr and Ezenwa as well and I must say that was low coming from them.
“There is a level which a player like Messi is operating from that requires respect ahead of any potential meeting.
”To see our coach play down his importance to the Argentina course when both teams clash in Russia can best be described as mind games, which I don’t expect Ezenwa to get involved in as a player.
“He has to show some respect to Messi.”
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight