Brazil floored Serbia 2-0 to make it to knockout stages of the World Cup, courtesy of goals from Paulinho and Thiago Silva, Eurosport UK reports.
The five-times world champions finished top of Group E with seven points and will now play against Mexico in the second round. Serbia ended in third place with three points and are out of the tournament.
Paulinho broke the stalemate in the 36th minute when he timed his run very well to reach Philippe Coutinho’s lofted through pass and flick the ball over goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic.
Serbia forward Aleksandar Mitrovic had two superb opportunities to equalize with close-range headers in the second half before Brazil defender Thiago Silva sealed the day with a near-post header from a corner in the 68th minute.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win