Brazil’s team doctor Rodrigo Lasmar has disclosed that the team will be playing without Douglas Costa and Danilo in their crucial Group E face-off with Serbia next week.
The Selecao head into Wednesday evening’s game at the Spartak Stadium being fully aware that a point will be all that is needed to secure a place in the last 16 of the World Cup.
Providing an injury update four days ahead of the Serbia match, the team doctor stated that Danilo is still not over the hip problem that kept him out of the 2-0 victory over Costa Rica, while Costa is suffering from a thigh injury.
Lasmar noted that superstar forward Neymar is now back to his peak fitness when he told reporters that: “I would like everyone to understand Neymar’s situation, and that he no longer has any problem with his right foot.
“He has totally recovered but he is still building up his rhythm and his confidence. He is feeling better with every game.”
Brazil are remain unbeaten in 13 matches, winning nine of those and losing just three times.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win