Lobi Stars have kicked off their 2018/19 CAF Champions League Group stages with a resounding 2-1 win over former champions Mamelodi Sundowns at the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium.
Anthony Laffor put the Brazilians in the lead but goals from Kone Yaya Soumalia and Mathias Martins ensured Lobi Stars picked maximum points.
Laffor scored the opening goal in the 38th minute but the lead was cancelled out by Yaya’s penalty in the 45th minute.
Seven minutes after the break, Martins put the Nigerian side in the lead for the first time with a second goal and it turned out to be the winner.
Lobi Stars now top group A with 3 points on matchday one and the other match in the group will feature Wydad Casablanca against Asec Mimosas on Saturday.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected