Carlo Ancelotti has been allegedly identified as Arsenal’s backup option to fill their soon-to-be-vacant manager post, should they fail to land top target Massimiliano Allegri.
According to the Daily Star, the North London club are ready to approach the Juventus manager about succeeding Arsene Wenger at the Emirates Stadium but will turn to ex-Chelsea boss Ancelotti if they are unable to reach a deal.
The Gunners are also said to have identified potential candidates to serves as the new appointment’s assistant manager, with former Arsenal players Patrick Vieira and Mikel Arteta reportedly in the frame.
Bosnian coach Zeljko Buvac, who in recent times parted company with Liverpool, has also been linked with this role.
The report goes on to say that Arsenal originally approached Allegri last year when it was uncertain whether Wenger would remain at the club for another season.
Allegri’s wage demands could purportedly be set at £11m per year, after tax.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed