Super Eagles attacker Odion Jude Ighalo has received a January transfer quotation of £20m, which any club willing to sign him will have to pay Changchun Yatai of China.
Despite recent reports indicating that the Changchun Yataiof China striker has opted to stay put at his current club, and despite their relegation to the lower division in China, transfer interests keep swirling around him.
GoalBall learnt that Yatai want a massive payday should he choose to leave.
Ighalo has delivered in his two seasons in China.
After firing 15 goals in his debut season and 21 goals this year, interest in the former Prime FC of Oshogbo striker’s signature refuses to fade away, such that he could still be courted when the Chinese Super League transfer window opens by January 4th.
In the past season, the former Julius Berger FC of Lagos striker, despite being riddled by injuries, was six goals behind the league’s top scorer, Wu Lei of champions Shanghai SIPG, and his present employers hope to recover the money they splashed on the ex Watford of England striker two years ago.
A source close to Ighalo affirmed: “Odion won’t go on a cheap. His club will want to recoup what they spent on him.”
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On