Chelsea are reportedly planning a £50 million bid for Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani, according to a report in the Daily Express.
Cavani would be just the player for Maurizio Sarri’s high-octane style and is one of the best strikers in the world when it comes to work rate.
Chelsea will also be attracted to his talent and experience, hence the high fee quoted despite the fact the player will turn 32 next month.
🔵 Chelsea are reportedly set to make a £50m bid to PSG for Edinson Cavani.
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) January 6, 2019
Alvaro Morata, who scored twice in an FA Cup victory against Nottingham Forest on Saturday, is expected to leave the club this month, and the 31-year-old Uruguay international would be the ideal replacement, but his quality also means that PSG will be hesitant to let him go.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On