Chelsea have arranged a stunning £71million contract for Athletic Bilbao goalkeeper Kepa.
The club have met the release clause in Kepa’s contract, paving the way for Thibaut Courtois to move to Real Madrid.
The deal will also make the 23-year-old, who has won one cap for the senior side, Chelsea’s record signing.
The Blues made their move for the Spaniard after accepting Courtois’ Chelsea future is over.
Courtois has failed to report for training for the past two days as he plans to force through a move to Real Madrid.
Kepa is expected in London on Wednesday to conclude his switch to Stamford Bridge and, when the deal is done, the Belgian will be able to complete a transfer to Real for a fee understood to be in the region of £40m.
The Blues and Real are set to do more business before the transfer window in England close on Thursday evening, too, with Mateo Kovacic expected to join Chelsea.
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri refused to clarify the future of Courtois or the potential arrival of Kepa after his side’s penalty shoot-out victory against Lyon on Tuesday night.
Hazard, whose future has been in uncertainty all summer, was given an ecstatic reception by Chelsea fans during their victory against Lyon and Sarri said he had “No problem” with the player.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed