Toby Alderweireld is now a transfer target for Chelsea.
The Tottenham Hotspur defender has played just one Premier League game for Spurs since the end of October even with the fact that he overcame a hamstring crisis in the early stages of 2018.
Alderweireld’s refusal to sign on a new deal at the north London club has piqued the interest of the Stamford Bridge hierarchy, The Sun reports.
The report goes on to state that Chelsea is readying a bid for Alderweireld, who has one season left at Spurs.
In addition, the newspaper claims that the £45m-rated centre-back has a £25m release clause active for 14 days if Spurs activate a one-year extension option at the end of next season, leaving the club with a dilemma over whether to try to get maximum value for him earlier.
Lilywhites boss Mauricio Pochettino is thought to have geared up for any possible occurrence and sees Ajax teenager Matthijs de Ligt as a suitable replacement.
The Belgium international has made 106 appearances for Tottenham since his 2015 transfer from Atletico Madrid.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight