Defender Ola Aina has spoken up about his omission from Super Eagles traveling to Russia for the 2018 World Cup. He says he’s not bitter at being excluded by manager Gernot Rohr.
The Young Chelsea defender was axed from the squad on Sunday morning along with Porto midfielder Mikel Agu.
It was a straight fight between the 21-year-old and Elderson Echiejile to act as a backup to Brian Idowu and in the end, Rohr went for experience over youthfulness, picking the Monaco man.
Aina was also fighting for two right-back positions with Abdullahi Shehu and Tyronne Ebuehi but in the end, lost out to the duo.
Ola Aina stated on social media: ”Maybe next time… I want to wish the boys all the very best out in Russia make our Nation proud #soarsupereagles #MrLulu ”.
The former England U19 skipper became cap-tied to Nigeria for life when he played the last 11 minutes of the Super Eagles 1-0 victory over Zambia in October 2017.
The London born has collected four caps for the senior national team.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed