A report in England claims that Chelsea are prepared to set up talks with Lyon over a deal to sign their captain Nabil Fekir.
The Daily Express is reporting that Chelsea FC plan to hold negotiations with Lyon over a deal to sign the 25-year-old-France international when the two clubs meet in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday night.
The same source suggests that the Blues will look to open talks with Lyon notwithstanding having less than 72 hours to complete a deal to sign Fekir.
According to the same article, the Blues have loads of work to do to complete a deal for Fekir, who is rated in the region of £55m in the 2018 summer transfer window.
Fekir was heavily linked with a move to Liverpool FC this summer but a deal fell through despite him selecting his shirt number at the Anfield outfit.
The Lyon skipper scored 18 times in 29 matches for his club in Ligue 1 last season to attract interest from the Premier League in the homegrown talent ahead of the new Premier League campaign.
Chelsea appointed Maurizio Sarri as their new coach in July after the club finally sacked Antonio Conte following a fifth-placed finish in the 2017-18 season.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash