Chelsea and Roma have shown interest in signing Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, according to Skysports.
Both clubs may well be in the market for new first choice goalkeepers – Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois and Roma’s Alisson having been linked with likely summer moves.
The 31-year-old is a well-established Premier League performer and played a big role in Leicester’s title victory in 2015-16.
Tough to take. Gutted beyond words but so proud of this team! ❤🇩🇰 pic.twitter.com/VuwEwBOqsY
— Kasper Schmeichel (@kschmeichel1) July 1, 2018
Schmeichel showed his quality again on Sunday night at the World Cup in Russia, regardless of Denmark’s eventual penalty shoot-out loss to Croatia.
The stopper saved a Luka Modric penalty with just minutes left in extra-time and kept out two more penalties in the later shoot-out, but Croatia still triumphed 3-2.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win