The impact of Man City’s 6-0 thrashing of Chelsea seems set to be significant
The Sky Blues returned to the top of the table after their rout, although Liverpool have a match in hand over City.
But looking at the league table, the Blues’ defeat was so bad that Arsenal managed to move above Chelsea into fifth place on goal difference.
Chelsea are readying for their Europa League last-32 knockout game against Malmo.
However, will Sarri be in the dugout for that game?
There are indications that Sarri has been named in the Blues PR material before the Malmo match.
That would suggest that Chelsea have no intention of sacking the Italian this week.
Chelsea section is below that item in your screengrab and includes Sarri press conference in Sweden pic.twitter.com/zLZUOgpziT
— Mike Anstead (@mike_anstead) February 11, 2019
Following the Man City defeat, Sarri openly criticised Roman Abramovich. He said:
“If the president calls, I’ll be happy, seeing as I never hear from him. To be honest, I don’t know what to expect.
“I don’t know [about my future], you have to ask the club,” he said. “I am worried about my team, the performance, but my job is always at risk. So I am not worried [about that], you have to ask the club.”
Has Sarri just called out Roman Abramovich?! 😳
“I never hear from him” pic.twitter.com/ZZyOyhmWHy
— Football Daily (@footballdaily) February 11, 2019
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On