The National Association of Nigeria Footballers (NANF) has described the on-going trial of three officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over a FIFA grant worth $10.8 million as ‘kangaroo’.
The three officials were arraigned by EFCC at the Federal High Court at Maitama, Abuja, last week for allegedly fiddling with $9.5 million and $1.3 million received from FIFA. They are facing charges ranging from criminal conspiracy, breach of trust and embezzlement.
According tov, the NANF President, Harrison Jalla said in a statement that the arraignment of the trio: Christopher Andekin (NFF Director of Administration and Finance), Fadanari Mamza (Head, Finance and Account Department) and Reagan Zaka (Cashier) over the FIFA grant was a bid to cover up identities of the principal officers who allegedly diverted the funds.
He said: “The arraignment of three staffers of the NFF on October 18, while shielding principal officers like Amaju Pinnick, Shehu Dikko, Mohammed Sanusi and Ahmed Yusuf Fresh is a show of shame.
“The several petitions flooding the EFCC over alleged embezzlement, diversion and looting of the NFF treasury are well-researched petitions by football stakeholders that can’t be smoothened over by any connivance or manipulation of the process.
“The EFCC should take a cue from tiny Sierra Leone Anti-Corruption Agency, who is daring the corruption infested FIFA to cleanse football of corruption in Sierra Leone.
“If before the next adjourned date of Nov 28 reasonable effort is not made by the EFCC to arraign the above-named principal officers, the NANF shall initiate a judicial process to seek a mandamus order to compel them (EFCC) to do the needful,” Jalla stated.
According to reports, Andekin was able to manoeuvre $1.3 million of the money to an account with Zenith Bank, while Zaka and Mamza diverted $7.2 million and $2.3 million of the FIFA grant.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected