Cristiano Ronaldo is demanding to be paid one more euro than Lionel Messi during discussions over a new contract.
The Real Madrid forward is thought to be in talks over an improved deal at the Bernabeu following an amazing goalscoring streak which has seen him scoring 17 times in his last 8 games across all competitions.
Madrid are willing to offer the 33-year-old €30m (£26.2m) per season to stay at the club, although this would still leave Ronaldo behind Neymar and Messi in terms of football’s highest earner, Mundo Deportivo reports.
The prolific forward is at present on a £31.8m-a-season deal at PSG, while Messi earns £34.9m per year with Barcelona – which Ronaldo believes he also deserves.
Ronaldo has told Real Madrid that his contract should reflect the fact that he won the Ballon d’Or and FIFA’s Best award for 2017 & consequently should be higher than what Barcelona pay Messi – even if it’s by only one euro.
The report also claims that Cristiano Ronaldo has on top of that wants to be rewarded for individual titles, goals, records and claiming the Pichichi award as La Liga’s top scorer – a race he presently trails Messi in by 3 goals.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed