Argentina were thrashed by Croatia 3-0 in the group stages of the World Cup and it has been tagged one of the worst starts the country has had in the competition in their history.
Finger-pointing has been directed at the Argentina national team players’ door but a bulk of the blame has been aimed at the Argentina coach Jorge Sampaoli.
Sampaoli has been on the receiving end of criticism after the team’s poor display against Croatia.
And the Croatia manager, Zlatko Dalić, is majorly peeved because Sampaoli didn’t shake his hand after the game on Thursday.
Speaking to 24Sata earlier today, Dalić said: “‘Sampaoli didn’t even greet or congratulate me after the game.
“I have never left the pitch before shaking hands with the coach of the opponent whether I won or lost. I even gave him a Croatian kit before the game. Now I hope he will remember it forever.’
“You have got to be a man and congratulate the opponent no matter what happens. Sampaoli didn’t do that and in my eyes, you will never become a big coach if you behave like that.”
News from the Argentine camp has it that the Argentina players are putting the pressure on to get their manager fired.
Jorge Sampaoli pacing up and down the touchline, combination of rage and confusion, looking like a weary owner of failing seafood restaurant on Kitchen Nightmares and Ramsey has just found some month-old scallops in the freezer.
— Ewan Roberts 🦁🏴 (@EwanRoberts) June 21, 2018
Right now, things are not looking good for the South Americans, but with the vast talent at their disposal, anything is possible for Argentina at this World Cup.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed