Nigeria’s House of Representatives Speaker, Yakubu Dogara has urged the Super Eagles players to make Nigerians proud as they prepare for their first game with Croatia in the 2018 World Cup in Russia on Saturday.
Dogara made the call in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Mr. Turaki Hassan, on Friday in Abuja.
The Speaker urged Nigerians to pray for the success of the Eagles and appealed to the players to put all they have got into ensuring that they win the group games and advance to next stage of the competition.
Dogora added that “over the years, football has been a major source of unity in Nigeria, we should, therefore, collectively pray for the Super Eagles as they brace up for the match against Croatia.
“Super Eagles proved to be a strong team during the qualifiers with their record and we expect them to replicate same zeal, spirit, and patriotism in the World Cup.”
The House of Reps Speaker said with teamwork and commitment, the Super Eagles would surely succeed over their opponents in the group and knockout stages of the tournament.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight