Chelsea are seemingly set to do battle with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain to gain the signature of Tottenham Hotspur defender, Toby Alderweireld at the end of the season.
The former Ajax youngster joined Spurs from Atletico Madrid in the summer of 2015 following a remarkable loan spell with Southampton during the 2014-15 campaign.
Alderweireld has been one of the most consistent centre-backs in the Premier League for quite a while now, but injuries have restricted him to only ten Premier League appearances this term.
The Tottenham Hotspur defender’s deal with the club will expire at the end of next season, and reports have it that Spurs have decided to pull the plug on contract talks as they are not keen on meeting Alderweireld’s extreme wage demands’, which are believed to stand at £180,000 a week.
Man. United and PSG have both shown keen interest, but Chelsea have now joined the race as the Blues look to boost their defence in this summer’s transfer window, The Mirror reports.
Alderweireld may be available for £25m next summer because of a release clause that will come into effect so long as a transfer is made 14 days before the end of the window.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight