Ex-Super Eagles midfielder, Mutiu Adepoju says he expects a tough encounter between Nigeria and Croatia in Saturday’s Group D clash at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia, he, however, backed the team to come out with a win.
Nigeria faces an uphill task ahead of them against the star-studded Croatia team that have the likes of Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, Ivan Perisic and Mario Mandzukic in their ranks.
Gernot Rohr’s men also head into tonight’s game on the back of defeats against England and Czech Republic in pre-World Cup friendlies.
Adepoju, who has featured at three World Cups for Nigeria also advised the Super Eagles that they must play a perfect game to beat Croatia.
A tweet from Adepoju’s twitter handle reads: “I’m expecting a very tough match against #Cro. They have a very good team, and #NGA have to play a perfect match without much mistakes to win. I know @NGSuperEagles can do it.”
Croatia Vs Nigeria match is billed for the Kaliningrad Stadium and will kick-off at 8pm Nigerian time.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash