Jose Enrique has taken to social media to reveal that he has recently been diagnosed with a rare brain tumor.
Between 2007 and 2016, the 32-year-old played for Newcastle United and Liverpool, making a total of 228 appearances in all tournaments.
Enrique has since retired from professional football owing to a recurring injury, but the Spaniard has now announced that he has recently undergone an operation to remove a rare brain tumor.
Sorry i haven’t been around much, It has been the toughest few weeks of my life.. Within the space of one month I have found out the news that I have a rare brain tumor and had surgery to… https://t.co/FakmjttslW
— José enrique (@Jesanchez3) June 23, 2018
Enrique used the final season of his playing career in Spain, appearing 24 times for Real Zaragoza at the second tier.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win