The Super Eagles of Nigeria have arrived and settled down at the Avita Resort in Bad Tatzmannsdorf, Austria yesterday evening. Coach Gernot Rohr and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have intensified the final phase of preparation for the team on all fronts.
Rohr, yesterday, dropped defender Ola Aina and midfielder Mikel Agu from the 25 men in camp, to make a final list of 23 players 24 hours ahead of FIFA’s given deadline.
The Nigeria team and a delegation led by the NFF 2nd Vice President/Chairman of Strategy Committee, Mallam Shehu Dikko flew in an all-executive-seat chartered jet to the Austrian capital (Vienna), and the group then proceeded by road to Bad Tatzmannsdorf.
On Wednesday, the Eagles will be traveling the short distance back to Vienna, where they will play the Czech Republic at the Rudolf Tonn Stadium in a pre-World Cup friendly.
Apart from the 23 players, Technical Adviser Rohr has for a company in camp, assistant coaches Salisu Yusuf, Jean-Luc Royer, Imama Amapakabo, Alloy Agu, Enrico Pionetti and Bernard Gines. Other are Dayo Enebi Achor (Team Administrator), Ibrahim Gyaran (Team Doctor), Hassan Suleiman (Physiotherapist), Pascal Patrick (Team Coordinator) and Toyin Ibitoye (Media Officer)
The Embassy of Austria in Nigeria last week denied the lead physiotherapist Nnaemeka Anozie and Equipment Manager, Chidi Ngoka entry visas into that country, thus reducing the backroom staff.
However, the NFF has approached the Embassy of Austria in London with fresh applications for Ngoka and Anozie, and there is hope they could connect with the team in a couple of days.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed