Samson Siasia has said that the Super Eagles’ major headache at the FIFA 2018 World Cup will be goalkeeping.
“I am so worried about the goalkeeping because it has always been Francis Uzoho in goal throughout the warm-up games,” said the former Super Eagles coach.
“My fear now is what if Uzoho got injured during or before the World Cup? I don’t think the coach has a serious trust in the two other goalkeepers (Ikechukwu Ezenwa and Daniel Akpeyi).”
However, the former Super Eagles striker and coach who guided the Super Eagles between 2010 and 2011 told SuperSports that Nigeria will still do well in the World Cup as long as the senior players are prepared to give their best.
“Nigeria will do well in the World Cup if only the senior and experienced players will give their best on the pitch of play,” he envisaged.
“These guys come out to play well in their various clubs. Look at Moses for instance.
“Moses at Chelsea comes back to help his team but in Nigeria, he doesn’t do that and that is because he plays a different role in the Super Eagles squad.”
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed