Coach Jorge Sampaoli has disclosed Argentina 35-man provisional squad ahead of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Inter Milan’s Mauro Icardi has made the selection following an impressive 2017-18 campaign, but it is thought that the forward is at risk of being cut from the final squad at the start of June.
Juventus’ Paulo Dybala is also included together with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi, while there are seven Premier League players in the squad – as well as Manchester United pair Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo, and West Ham United attacker Manuel Lanzini.
Three uncapped players are named in the selection, with River Plate goalkeeper Franco Armani named together with Racing’s Ricardo Centurion and Sporting midfielder Rodrigo Battaglia.
Argentina opens their 2018 World Cup campaign against Iceland on June 14, as they will also take on Croatia and Nigeria in the group stage of the competition.
See the Full Argentina squad below:
Goalkeepers: Romero, Guzman, Caballero, Armani
Defenders: Mercado, Otamendi, Fazio, Tagliafico, Rojo, Acuna, Funes Mori, Ansaldi, Salvio, Pezzella
Midfielders: Mascherano, Di Maria, Banega, Biglia, Lanzini, Lo Celso, Centurion, Guido Pizarro, Paredes, Meza, Enzo Perez, Pablo Perez, Battaglia
Forwards: Messi, Aguero, Higuain, Dybala, Icardi, Pavon, Martinez, Perotti
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight