Reports say that the Nigeria Football Federation has declared Fifa’s Nigeria correspondent, Samm Audu, a persona non grata and has prescribed the journalist from attending all Super Eagles training sessions until further notice.
Audu was accused of leaking Nigeria starting XI, going as far as publishing it on FIFA’s official website, days before the Super Eagles played Croatia in their World Cup opener.
Audu wasn’t the first Nigerian reporter to correctly report the projected starting eleven vs Croatia, as two others did so before he confirmed it on FIFA’s official webpage.
In Braun’s introductory speech, she tactfully stated that Samm Audu was performing other duties for FIFA elsewhere.
Nigeria are due to hold a press conference at their Essentuki Training Site on Wednesday, June 20, 2018, from 4:30 pm.
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender