The 4-3 defeat suffered in the hands of France means that Lionel Messi is once again left without a trophy on the international stage as he wasn’t able to affect the match to the degree he would usually want.
At the end of the match like most of his teammates, Messi was left distraught but he was met by a comforting hug from Paul Pogba in a very classy move from the French player.
Pogba had a brilliant match, controlling the midfield, and almost set up Kylian Mbappe with a glorious long-range free kick in the first half. His lofted ball from deep inside his own half was met by Mbappe running on but he was brought down on the edge of the box.
The conversation about the Barcelona forward going out of another World Cup will rage on but he says goodbye to this World Cup with at least an embrace and mark of respect from Pogba.
Pogba consoling and hug Messi after the game. pic.twitter.com/jmLCSUjexF
— FORÇA BARÇA (@ForcaBarcaEN) June 30, 2018
— RedReveal (@RedReveal) June 30, 2018
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win