Gernot Rohr has disclosed the starting lineup for the Super Eagles crucial World Cup game against Argentina following a team meeting that just ended.
Rohr’s lineup shows that he has listened to the voice of the Nigeria fans as he has decided to stick with the same 3-5-2 formation that was used against Iceland last Friday.
Also, there are no personnel changes, Deportivo de La Coruña goalkeeper Francis Uzoho will start the biggest game of his career to date against Lionel Messi.
In defense, we have Chelsea’s Kenneth Omeruo, who was so good in the air against Iceland, William Troost-Ekong, and Leon Balogun.
Rohr, at Monday afternoon’s pre-match press conference, said that his two-star players John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses will take up defensive duties and that is the case; the Super Eagles captain will play as a defensive midfielder while the Chelsea ace plays in at right wing-back.
Brian Idowu is preferred ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi once again, Oghenekaro Etebo and Wilfred Ndidi complete the five-man midfield, meaning Arsenal starlet Alex Iwobi starts on the bench.
Super Eagles top scorer in World Cup history Ahmed Musa gets the nod up-front and he will be assisted by Leicester City teammate Kelechi Iheanacho.
The team will depart their hotel for the match venue two hours and fifteen minutes before the start of the match at Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg.
Here is how Nigeria Vs Argentina Starting XI looks like:
- Victor Moses
- Obi Mikel
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win