Speaking shortly after Eagles were forced to a 1-1 draw at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt, the Technical Adviser admitted his fullbacks struggled against DR Congo and that he will need to work on this problem.
After central defender, William Troost-Ekong had fired Eagles into the lead from a loose ball in the Congolese box and Nigeria hanged on the lead till the end of the first half, Eagles came back from break struggling to contain the visitors with the fullbacks being the most troubled spots.
Tyronne Ebuehi manned the right back with Elderson Echiejile on the left. And severally, the Leopards from Congo had easy penetrations, most especially from the left where Echiejile played.
Even when Ola Aina came in to replace Echiejile as Ebuehi also later gave way to Shehu Abdullahi, the problems persisted with either Leon Balogun or Ekong falling back for support. Ola Aina was to blame for the penalty, which led to the DR Congo equalizer.
The other fullback on the squad is Russia-based Brian Idowu.
Rohr further said he will only take four fullbacks to Russia.
Rohr singled out Simeon Nwankwo as displaying the quality of a center forward that the team has been lacking.
He however assured fans that the friendly against England will be a better match as he was going to have the full complement of players like Odion Ighalo, Victor Moses, John Mikel Obi, and so on who did not take part in the Monday clash with Congo.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight