Gernot Rohr has reportedly said that John Mikel Obi, who sustained a hand injury in Friday’s 2018 FIFA World Cup clash with Iceland, will be fit for the final group match with Argentina at the Krestovsky Stadium on Tuesday.
Mikel was in serious pains towards the end of the match and was attended to by the medics.
“We will be ready for the game against Argentina. Unfortunately, there is one injury in the team. Our captain, John Mikel Obi fractured his hand against Iceland but he can play with a cast. The medical team has done a good job on him,” Rohr stated in a short video on the Super Eagles Twitter handle.
“Aside from him, everyone is fit. We are preparing for the next game. We will do everything to prepare the team in the best possible way.
“We came into our base camp the night after the game against Iceland. We had a good sleep and everyone recovered very well. Players who did not play had a special training and did the work they have to do.
“Then we watched the game between Germany and Sweden which was very interesting. This morning, we had a training session, our last before we travel to Saint Petersburg for the game against Argentina.
“We go to Saint Petersburg this afternoon, three hours flight from Essentuki. Fresh weather, not too cold and not too hot. Tomorrow we will train again. We will be ready for the game.”
Nigeria sits in the second position in Group D with three points, while the South Americans will occupy the last place after being thrashed 3-0 by Croatia on Thursday.
A win against Argentina will send Nigeria into the second round while a draw could be enough depending on the result of the match between Croatia and Iceland.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed