Leroy Sane’s strike gave Manchester City the win as they beat Liverpool 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium in a fierce Premier League contest on Thursday, inflicting the first loss of the season on Juergen Klopp’s side and cutting their lead at the top to four points.
Sadio Mane hit the post for Liverpool in the 18th minute and from the resulting scramble, John Stones’s attempted clearance bounced off his keeper Ederson and the City defender did excellently to clear off the line with the ball millimetres from going in.
Liverpool responded strongly after the break and drew level when Andrew Robertson met a deep Trent Alexander-Arnold cross with a cushioned volley for Roberto Firmino to head in from close range.
City restored their lead in the 72nd minute when Raheem Sterling broke from midfield and fed Sane on the left, the German winger driving home off the inside of the far post.
Liverpool’s defence has proven the most solid in the league so far while with City’s back line, questions are still asked.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected