MultiChoice Nigeria, owners of digital terrestrial television platform, GOtv has completed plans to bring leading Spanish LaLiga club, Atlético Madrid, to Nigeria to play in the maiden edition of the GOtv MAX Cup.
MultiChoice Nigeria General Manager, Sales, and Marketing Martin Mabutho disclosed this at a press briefing in Lagos and said the top-flight club from LaLiga will be visiting Nigeria for the first time and play against the Super Eagles CHAN team on Monday, 21st May 2018 at the Godswill Akpabio stadium in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
“He said, We are delighted to bring one of the three biggest clubs from LaLiga to Nigeria in what we believe will be a historic visit.
“As you all know Atlético Madrid is one of the top clubs in LaLiga. GOtv customers and indeed, football fans in Nigeria, will have the rare opportunity of watching the stars play the Super Eagles right here on Nigerian soil.”
Mabutho added that “MultiChoice is undoubtedly the continent’s leader in sports and we have repeatedly shown this not only by the exclusive content we broadcast but also by the way we support sports in Nigeria and put the country on the global sports map through exciting initiatives like the GOtv MAX Cup.”.
Atlético Madrid which was founded in 1903 in Madrid, Spain are one of Europe’s most successful football clubs with 10 LaLiga and 10 Copa Del Rey trophies.
The club at present sits second in the Spanish top flight and are also three times UEFA Champions League finalists.
In his remarks, the President of LaLiga, Javier Tebas said, “This is a historic announcement and we are excited to share this news with our Nigerian fans. Atletico Madrid, one of LaLiga’s greatest clubs, will come to Nigeria and give our fans the chance to enjoy watching their stars up close. Africa and Nigeria, in particular, are very important for us and have a lot of love for Spanish football, something we are proud of.”
- Undercover Journalist Who Exposed Salisu Yusuf Bribery Scandal Murdered In Ghana
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash