Nigeria’s Group D is going down to the wire, following the Super Eagles’ 2-0 win over Iceland today.
Croatia’s 3-0 victory over Argentina last night meant Zlatko Dalić’s side were guaranteed progression to the knock out stages as a result.
Here is a look at how the group stands at the moment
The remaining games see Argentina play Nigeria and already-qualified Croatia — who plan on resting key players for their next match — take on Iceland.
Here are some potential scenarios in the group:
- If Nigeria beat Argentina, they will progress regardless of what happens in the other match.
- If Argentina win and Iceland drop points, Sampaoli’s men will progress.
- If both Argentina and Iceland win, it will come down to goal difference and perhaps even goals scored, with Lionel Messi and co really needing to better their rivals’ result. So if Iceland wins 1-0, the Argentine side will need to win by at least two goals, and so on.
- If both matches end in draws, the Super Eagles will progress.
- In order for Iceland to progress, they need to win the Croats and hope the Eagles either draw or lose to Argentina by as many or fewer goals than they beat Croatia by.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win