Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo will most likely stay put in the Chinese Super League after his club Changchun Yatai were relegated this past season.
GoalBall has learnt that the next destination for Ighalo will be a lot clearer by January 4, when the transfer window will reopen in China.
“Odion is most likely to stay in China,” the source said.
“But we just have to wait and see where that will be by the time the transfer window opens again.”
Changchun Yatai were relegated from the Chinese top flight on the final day of the season despite the Super Eagles striker’s record 21 goals.
Since then the rumours have been rife which club Ighalo will join.
In the meantime, the former Watford star has resumed training after a knee injury he suffered in the closing weeks of the Chinese Super Eagles.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On