Victor Ikpeba has analysed the reason the Super Falcons won the 2018 African Women’s Cup of Nations in Ghana and says it is due to luck.
Nigeria beat South Africa 4-3 on penalties on Saturday to win the crown after normal and extra-time ended goalless.
Speaking on the team’s performance in the competition, the Former Nigeria international hailed the girls for their commitment.
“We needed penalties to defeat them. Even against Zambia and Equatorial Guinea, we won but it was tough.”
He added that “Asisat Oshoala had a disappointing tournament.
“These countries we struggled against don’t even have women’s football leagues.
“People say you don’t have to play well to win but we should play with panache, we are the champions of Africa champions. We have great players like Oshoala, Ordega, Oparanozie.”
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On