Italy’s defender, Giorgio Chiellini has been forced to withdraw from the squad that’ll be facing Argentina and England.
The 33-year-old was supposed to start in each of the Azzurri’s friendlies in England, with Italy facing Argentina at the Etihad Stadium before meeting the Three Lions at Wembley Stadium next week.
However, Chiellini will no longer be partaking in the upcoming international friendlies having suffered a thigh injury in Serie A action over the weekend.
Juventus said in a statement: “Having undergone medical tests, Giorgio Chiellini has withdrawn from Italy’s upcoming international friendlies against Argentina and England after reporting a niggling injury to the flexor muscles in his right thigh during Saturday’s match away to SPAL.
“The Bianconeri defender has therefore returned to Turin, where his condition will be monitored between today and tomorrow.”
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed